American Association of Ayurvedic Professionals
AAAP Free Webinar- June 26, 9 AM PDT
What is AAAP?
Who are the people involved in AAAP?
AAAP is blessed with a BOD of highly qualified, experienced, and successful professional with a diverse background including Attorneys, Accountants, IT professionals, Marketing experts, Researchers, Scientists, Psychologists, Modern Medicine Doctors, Naturopathic Doctors, Acupuncture Doctors, Siddha Doctors, Yoga Therapists and of course Ayurvedic Physicians with BAMS, MD and Ph.D. in Ayurveda, and AD, AHC AWC or equivalent Ayurvedic practitioners.
Board of Directors
Committees and Committee Leaders
How is AAAP unique and why AAAP matters?
Why should you become a member of AAAP?
Membership Benefits of AAAP
Three types of Membership Categories of AAAP are:
1. To connect, educate and empower all Ayurveda graduates from India holding a degree of BAMS, MD or Phd in Ayurveda on one unified platform.
2. To help them Connect with each other as colleagues, practitioners, teachers and friends amongst each other and to introduce them to the Ayurveda seekers.
3. To Educate them about potentials of Ayurveda practice and available resources including Colleges, herb companies, Ayurveda organizations etc, in US and other countries, and give guidance, protocol and orientation about starting their own Ayurveda venture.
4. To Empower them about their qualifications and how they can be the pillars of Health and Healing in integrated medicine.
1. To take the Ayurveda profession to its highest level of recognition.
2. To help Ayurveda degree become intergrated medicine education and legal practice qualification in US and other countries.
3. To share correct information of Ayurveda to Government authorities and non government agencies about its training, use of certain currently prohibited formulations , effectiveness in various non treatable conditions, educate about use of rasakalpas, panchakarma etc.
4. To ensure that an Ayurveda graduate qualification from India is accepted, respected and valued for its thousands of hours of theory and practical training and expertise in various specialties.
1. Association of Indian Ayurveda physicians is a non profit organization registered under IRC § 501(c)(6) corporation.
2. To unite BAMS graduates practicing in US under one umbrella and discuss common problems to arrive at unified decisions from verious professionals.
3. To provide guidance, resources and orientation package to BAMS practitioners who have newly moved to US about starting Ayurveda practice, teaching, business venture, herbal company etc in US.
1. To organize Ayurvedic professionals together for their common identity. Similar education and degree from India.
Immigration to US after education in India.
2. To establish same scope of practice in India and in US. Education and practical training as Integrative medicine practitioner in India is 90 percent higher than any Ayurveda training given outside India including AD professional qualification in US.
Meet Our Directors
Dr Aparna Bapat
Dr Aparna Bapat has been practicing Ayurveda in India, Europe, and the US. As a successful Ayurveda practitioner and educator in the US she has been in the …
Dr Bhaswati Bhattacharya
Dr. Bhaswati Bhattacharya is a Harvard-educated, licensed, board certified holistic physician trained in family medicine and preventive medicine …
Dr William (Bill) Courson
William (“Bill”) Courson was director and principal instructor of the New Jersey Institute of Ayurveda, in Montclair, New Jersey and is currently Dean of Academic…
Dr. Amit Gumman
Dr. Amit Gumman is the founder, President, and Chief Clinician of Harmony Healing Center, an eminent clinic of Integrative Healing Sciences in North America.
Dr. Meenakshi Gupta
Vaidya Meenakshi Gupta BAMS, Masters in Ayurveda (Gold Medalist), Panchakarma Specialist, Certified in Nutrition Science and Child Nutrition…………
Dr. Kaushik Somesh
Dr. Somesh N. Kaushik is the chief medical practitioner of Dr. Kaushik’s Ayurvedic and Naturopathic Clinic in Cross River, NY. With over 35 years’ experience as an Ayurvedic physician, Dr. Kaushik’s medi..
Dr. Shanmugamurthy Lakshmanan(Shan)
Dr. Renee Mehhra
Dr. Renee Mehrra, based in New York has a doctorate in Public Health and is being consistently recognized by the Asian Indian community as one of the most prominent b..
Dr. Sujata Reddy
Dr. Sujata Reddy has been an Ayurvedic Doctor & Mental Health Counselor for over 20 years under Heartland wellness LLC. She runs a wellness franchise that …
Dr. Mahadevan Seetharaman
Dr. Mahadevan is a Duke Integrative Healthcare Leader and founder of AYUSH Living. As an Ayurveda Evangelist Health and Nutrition Consultant and Yoga Teacher,..
Dr. Vivek Shanbhag
Dr. Vivek Shanbhag, ND, MD-Ayurveda, BAMS, CYEd.- is a California Licensed Naturopathic Doctor with over 30 years’ experience as Ayurveda Doctor, Professor &…
Dr. Jessica Vellela
Dr. Jessica Vellela, BAMS, is the first American-born woman to become an Āyurvedic Doctor and practice independently in India. She is the founder of ĀYU Academy, ĀYU Council and ..